March 6, 2009

martial \MAHR-shuhl\,

adjective:
suitable or used for war; warlike


Today's word was pretty straightforward, which I'm pretty stoked about because I didn't get much sleep last night due to the midnight showing of this awesome film.

A quick ride downtown was all I needed, and outside the courthouse I found my subject.

Clearly this man was made for war.

Gear for today
Same ol' Canon 10D, this time with a Sigma 28-70 f/2.8, which was my first lens. It's pretty fast and pretty sharp, but when it focuses, it sounds a bit like a jet liner.

Short post today, but if you'd like to add to the word of the day with a photo, send me an email.







Update: email from Ronny Nause had this submission for martial. He took this shot while in Washington, D.C. covering inauguration for News 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment