June 5, 2009

abstemious \ab-STEE-mee-uhs\,

adjective:
1. Sparing in eating and drinking; temperate; abstinent.
2. Sparingly used or consumed; used with temperance or moderation.
3. Marked by or spent in abstinence.


This was a very happenstance word of the day photo. I was headed down to Clayton to pick up a trampoline from a Cragislist post (more on that pending photo project later), and I came across this former strip club parking lot.

The building had been gone for a long time, it seems, but there was a truck in the parking lot when I went by the first time. The trucker seemed disappointed.

After a few minutes taking photos, someone from a neighboring lot came by to see what I was doing. He seemed confused when I explained I was only in the empty lot to take a picture of abstinence. But he just shrugged and let me go on my way.

I won't be posting again this weekend, as always, but if you've got any photos for abstemious, or anything else from throughout the week, send them along to me in an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment