April 17, 2009

ephemeral \ih-FEM-er-ul\,

adjective:
Short-lived; existing or continuing for a short time only.


In the true fashion of 12-year-olds stuck in taller-but-just-as-squirrely men's bodies, friend Kevin and I set off a firecracker in my house for today's word of the day.

I should probably publicly apologize to Josh, as we set the firecracker off in my "studio," which shares a wall with his room. He may or may not have been sleeping at the time, and if he was, it made for a less than enjoyable awakening.

To be sure I would capture the small but extremely loud explosion, I brought the lights down for a 15-second exposure, which is why you can see both the sparks from the fuse as well as the light from the explosion. Kevin was standing by with a glass of water for safety (as if that would have done anything when I lost a finger).

As always, I won't be posting anything this weekend. But if you've got any photos for ephemeral, send it to me in an email!

Update: Thanks to Bryan for sending this photo of my brother with a sparkler for the word of the day. How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment