April 1, 2009

jape \JAYP\,

noun, verb:
1. A joke or jest.
2. A trick or prank.


The guys at dictionary.com are clearly in an April Fool's Day mood with today's word of the day. I didn't even know it was April 1 until I guessed after seeing their word.

So today, I looked online and found a magic shop down Capital Boulevard in Raleigh. When I got to the little store, there was a pudgy little man in red suspenders and a little yipping white dog, so I knew I was in the right place. I've never been in a magic shop before, but that's how I would have imagined it.

I bought that little flower for $2 and brought it back home to shoot. For lights, one flash camera left facing subject (myself) in that homemade softbox (only because I lost a piece for my other umbrella adapter) and one flash through an umbrella camera right, pointed where the water would go.

Also, did anyone note that this is the second time in as many days that I've worn a suit in the photo? Classy.

Anyhow, if you've got any April Fool's Day photos that will go with jape, send them to me in an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment