May 14, 2009

unctuous \UNGK-choo-us\,

adjective:
1. Of the nature or quality of an unguent or ointment; fatty; oily; greasy.
2. Having a smooth, greasy feel, as certain minerals.
3. Insincerely or excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech; marked by a false or smug earnestness or agreeableness.


I went downtown to get a photo of this bail bond place for today's word of the day. I thought it would be fitting get this kind of greasy business.

It isn't hard to find a bail bond place in Raleigh. A Google search for "bail bonds Raleigh" brings up 808 results. But this one was particularly nice because it's just a hole in the wall. I guess it doesn't take much money to get into such a business, but I wouldn't want to be involved.

No joke: this is one of the Google ads when you type in "bail bonds."

In Jail? Call Our Bail Bondsmen
24/7 to Regain Your Freedom Now!

Poor marketing, I think. As far as I know, they don't get Wi-Fi in prison. But I may be mistaken. I've haven't been there. (Yet.)

I also happened to get a flat tire (on my bike) on my way down there, which was a good excuse to be lazy and have a roommate come out and get me. I'm too out of shape to be riding all around anyway.

Hopefully you're all out taking pictures of unctuous things. (I'm sure I've inspired you enough to get out and do that every day.) If you've got anything to contribute, send it to me in an email!

1 comment:

  1. the bail bond place on davie and salisbury st is sooo unctuous/greasy looking!

    ReplyDelete