June 19, 2009

nimiety \nih-MY-uh-tee\,

noun:
The state of being too much; excess.


Man, what a long, long week it's been. Sorry I've been so terrible about the word of the day over the past couple days. But now that things are calming down for a while, I think we'll be right back on track.

And what better way to start off again than with hundreds of glazed Krispy Kreme donuts?

For today's word, I walked just a few blocks down the road to the Krispy Kreme where they're made. This is also the half-way point for the ever-growing Krispy Kreme Challenge, where participants run two miles from the N.C. State Bell Tower to the Krispy Kreme, eat a dozen donuts, and then run the two miles back. It's sickening, and really quite hilarious.

Check out our coverage of this year's Krispy Kreme, it's actually pretty cool (especially because Tyler and I did the photos and Bryan and I did the music).

What I really wanted was to get right up close to the production so you could see them getting glazed (which for some people is disgusting and for others is delicious). But as they wouldn't let me back there, I had to shoot through the glass. Maybe I'll just sprint past them next time.

Well, now that it's the end of the week, I hope you've all got some time to shoot nimiety photos. Send them all to me in an email. And if you get a chance, stop by Kung Fu Tattoo's Third Friday art hanging tonight to see some of my stuff!

Update: Ronny sent two photos along, and I took this one because it is both well composed and also hilarious, given the context. Thanks, Ronny!

No comments:

Post a Comment