June 16, 2009

salutary \SAL-yuh-ter-ee\,

adjective:
1. Producing or contributing to a beneficial effect; beneficial; advantageous.
2. Wholesome; healthful; promoting health.


I'm glad I was finally able to use a rainy day for the word of the day today. It's really gross outside, but the rain definitely has a salutary effect on the garden Jeff just planted outside.

You've got to be careful shooting outside in the rain, though. I stole a play out of a friend's book when I cut a hole in a plastic bag and put the lens through it. Waterproof? Not so much. But it does keep it dry in the rain, and if not, well I'll use any excuse to get myself a new camera.

Today's word really leaves it open for a lot of creativity, so get out there and shoot some salutary photos and send them to me in an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment