May 5, 2009

quaff \KWOFF; KWAFF\,

verb:
1. To drink (a beverage) copiously and heartily


It's words (of the day) like this one that make me wish I had time to, say, go out shooting at night to get photos of my friends drinking into a hearty stupor. This one could have been fantastic.

But all's well, because coffee, apparently, can be drunk copiously and heartily. "As of December 2008, USDA forecasts world coffee production for 2008/09 at 138.4 million bags." Yeah, I would say that's copious.

This photo, as many before it, was taken at the Morning Times in Raleigh. I realize that I take a good many photos from the coffee shop, but it's also my day off. So, whatever.

I hope you've all got some fun quaff photos from this weekend. Get out there and celebrate, and send me your pictures in an email!

Update: I seem to be getting people with photos of puppies and drinking, maybe I should change the theme of this blog. Here's one from Ronny from the Raleigh Times Bar.


1 comment:

  1. Apparently coffee CAN be quaffed: and McDonald's is banking on it. Today's news included word that McDonald's "McCafe" (marketing Starbucks-like coffees to the YOU Generation) expects this move to increase revenues by $100,000 per year, per store!!

    ReplyDelete