May 1, 2009

risible \RIZ-uh-buhl\,

adjective:
1. Capable of laughing; disposed to laugh.
2. Exciting or provoking laughter; worthy of laughter; laughable; amusing.


I know the photo for today's word of the day is a crappy joke. But I'll tell you what: I ride past that sign just about every time I go downtown, and I chuckle at it every time. Childish? Maybe, but I don't care.

It's funny that this word of the day came just two days after I took one of Bryan dressed up as a clown. But these things happen, I guess, and now I'm stuck with a red nose and a picture of a moderately humorous sign.

That's it for this week! As always, I won't be posting on the weekend, but get out there and take some photos for risible and send them over to me in an email so I can include them!

Update: Thanks to Bryan for sending this photo along (from his phone - shoutout: Shawn Rocco). That seems to be my brother lighting candles in his mouth, which is much more worthy of laughter than that sign above!




Update #2: Also thanks to Ronny for sending this one of friends Josh and Nick over. This is brilliant.


No comments:

Post a Comment