June 25, 2009

daedal \DEE-duhl\,

adjective:
1. Complex or ingenious in form or function; intricate.
2. Skillful; artistic; ingenious.


I'm not sure if today's photo really fits with the word of the day, but I spent all day trailing Hardwire, a Real Life Super Hero from Greensboro. The end product was an audio slideshow on news14.com that I think turned out pretty well.

It was a fairly extensive project, but following Hardwire around while he handed out water and snack bars to the homeless was actually a lot of fun. If you get a chance, check out the final product.

Also, Ronny let me borrow his 40D for a change, and that was really awesome. It takes pretty fantastic photos, but due to a lack of funds, I'll be sticking with my 10D.

And in the meantime, if you've got any real photos for daedal, send them to me in an email!

Update: Thanks again to Jessi for sending this photo!

"This is the daedal inside of Saint Chapelle in Paris. Everything in this church was intricately wrought, and it was beautiful!"

2 comments: