June 25, 2009

sough \SAU; SUHF\,

intransitive verb:
1. To make a soft, low sighing or rustling sound, as the wind.


It took a lot longer than I had expected to find a dandelion for today's word of the day. But I picked one up a couple blocks from the house and brought it down to Jamie's work before lunch, and she helped me get a good shot.

I didn't necessarily get the focal point in the photo that I had intended, but, as we were downtown and not surrounded by spare dandelions, we only really had one chance to get it close. I hope you get the idea.

For those of you who may have missed yesterday's post (because it was so late that the time stamp on it showed that it was posted today), be sure to check out the audio slideshow on Hardwire, a Real Life Super Hero from Greensboro. I went on patrol with him yesterday for a News 14 story.

And as always, if you've got a photo for sough, send it along to me in an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment