June 3, 2009

espy \ih-SPY\,

transitive verb:
To catch sight of; to perceive with the eyes; to discover, as a distant object partly concealed, or not obvious to notice; to see at a glance; to discern unexpectedly; to spy; as, to espy land; to espy a man in a crowd.


I crouched in a bush for today's word of the day. Sure, I probably looked a little silly, but the more strange you look taking a photo, the more likely you are to come out with something unique. Not to mention, it's also way more fun.

This is the same spot that I took another word of the day photo. It's just next to an off ramp, and there's a small grass patch with a couple of bushes you can fall into to take photos.

I think I would have liked to take a photo of a crowd of people with a person singled out with focus, but sadly, we don't really have enough people in Raleigh to find an entire crowd walking down the street. However, I could have crept in the bushes downtown and espied from there, but I may have gotten arrested.

Don't forget to send your espy photos to me in an email!

Update: Jessi sent this cool photo of some cats sneaking around. Thanks, Jessi!

"So, [this] photo was taken in Paris at the Pere Lachaise Cemetery. There were black cats all over the cemetery, most of them hiding from people. This one was by the sneakiest and the best at hiding."


No comments:

Post a Comment